Have you ever been cheated by your spouse before? If you were, did your marriage mate tried everything he or she can to make amends and show real repentance? But will he or she not do it again as promised?
Most say, once a cheater always a cheater.If your husband or wife has cheated on you once, chances are, he or she will do it again – and again. But how can you guard yourself against cheating spouses or compulsive cheating spouses? Let us discuss some strategies and ways on how you can cope up with such marriage.
A Second Chance
Typically, when a cheating spouse gets caught but opt not want to end their marriage, he or she promises not to have an affair again. The wayward spouse will do everything to make amends with the betrayed partner. However, cheating is not easy to control for it is not a disease. It is but a behavior. Even the cheater can never say he will not do the same mistake again.It becomes more unrealistic than resilient.
Unluckily for some, the problem with infidelity in a relationship will never be resolved unless the root of the problem is targeted. Keeping promises does not make everything alrightas it only covers up the mistake. Forgiveness, though,is the key to second chances.
If a cheating spouse does not change the aspects of what led to the problem that occurred in the first place, chances are he or she will resort to cheating again. It can be with the same other person, or maybe not. But the reason behind cheating is the same.
Cheating partners are not advised to stop making promises or to stop trying to change their behavior. Trying to give emphasis to the fact that change is not that easy and making promises is not enough to stop the notion to cheat again.Changing actions must be done by both parties.
Strategies to Guard Against Cheating Again
When a person gets burned once, that individual will never do the same things he did to get burned again. This is the same as with dealing with an extra-marital affair or dealing with the mate committing the mistake. Unfortunately, nobody can ever say that when a spouse promises not to cheat again, he or she will not cheat the second time.
Here are some strategies to guard yourself from being cheated again:
• Is the cheating mate really listening and communicating with you now? You have to make your spouse understand that this is very important.
• Is your spouse a serial cheater? Did it happen many times with different lovers or with the same other person? Get to the reason why your spouse cheats on you and work with him or her on that concern. Your spouse must be able to get that need from you and not from other people.
• Is the cheating mate been really apologetic about the pain and the emotive distress that the affair has caused you as the betrayed spouse? If your spouse shows remorse, then, good.
• Is the wayward spouse trying to have a deep, open and honest conversation with you? Is he or she trying to fill in the missing pieces that should have been patched up in the first place? If yes, you are on the right track.
• Counseling is the priority to keep the relationship strong and enduring.
No one can ever say that a regretful sinner will never commit the same mistake again. Since nobody can perfectly control even his or her own actions, the only strategy anybody could ever try to is to put faith in God and never stop praying for the best of your marriage. And of course, belief in the wayward spouse’s heart that with love for spouse – cheating is not anymore a solution.